ZEMedS project supports the ambitious European vision for the energy performance of buildings, starting to convert building stock into nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB). In this context, ZEMedS promotes the necessary actions to foster the renovation of Mediterranean schools turning them into nZEB.
The 9th of July 2013 was held in Barcelona the 1st Technical Committee meeting of the ZEMedS project which was focused on sharing knowledge and experiences on the latest European trends in nearly Zero-Energy Buildings. The rich debate dealt with finding the best solutions for renovation of Mediterranean schools as well as with discussing specific problems associated to nearly Zero-Energy Buildings in Mediterranean climates.
The session was attended by several internationally renowned experts from:
- The Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics (Fraunhofer IBP, Germany)
- Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC, Austria)
- French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME, France)
- The Catalonia Institute for Energy Research (IREC, Catalonia - Spain)
- Institute for Building Physics (TBZ, Italy)
- Technical University of Crete (TUC, Greece)
- Catalan Energy Agency (ICAEN, Catalonia - Spain)
- LIMA Association (Catalonia - Spain)
As well as by some ZEMedS partners such as:
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA, Greece)
- Agence Locale de l’Energie de Montpellier (ALEM, France)
- Catalan Department of Education of Generalitat (ENSE, Catalonia - Spain)
- Foundation for Development Innovation and Technology (FUNDITEC, Catalonia - Spain)
- GEFOSAT Association (France)
- Fundació Privada ASCAMM (Catalonia - Spain) - Coordinator
The 2nd Technical Committee meeting of ZEMedS project is scheduled for November 2013 in Italy.